Pea and sun dried tomato fettuccine

Pea and sun dried tomato fettuccine

I know what you’re thinking. Another savory food recipe? Is she on crack? Does she not realize that we don’t come here to look at Brussels sprouts and dishes of pasta? GIVE US DESSERT, WOMAN.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know I’ve been veering from my usual dessert heavy path – but it’s for the better, you guys. Because I only eat the healthiest of “healthy” food, so sharing these recipe means you can, too. I would insert 1,000 exclamation points and a really big smiley face, but it’s 7 in the morning and last night’s dinner decided to come up at 5. So no one is smiling over here. I’m especially not smiling at the dude laying next to me in bed, who has denied me a liter of water in fear that it’ll come right back up. Probably all over him. Because apparently I’m 8 years old, with an uncontrollable gag reflex, again.

fettuccini-4

This pasta can be enjoyed warm or cold, which is one of my favorite things about it. If I’m eating it myself, I’ll halve the recipe and eat the first half warm, then eat the leftovers cold. Or I’ll double the recipe and eat it every day for a week. Because sometimes I’m a straight up carb junkie. No shame, people. No shame.

PEA AND SUN DRIED TOMATO FETTUCCINE

7 oz brown rice fettuccini noodles
2-3 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup sun dried tomato pieces
1/2 cup sweet peas
1/4 cup chopped arugula
1/2 cup shredded cabbage
1 tbsp dried basil
Salt and pepper, to taste

Prepare your noodles according to the cooking instructions on the package. Transfer to a strainer and drain the water. Rinse with cold water then toss with olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, peas and arugula. Divide evenly between 4 plates and top with basil, cabbage, salt and pepper. Serve immideately. Refrigerate in an air tight container for up to one week.
Yield: 4 (big) servings
  • Jeanine April 20, 2012 at 3:55 pm

yum! such pretty colors in a pasta dish! And I’ll come to look at brussels sprouts & pasta any day :)

• Caitlin April 20, 2012 at 6:03 pm

i freakin LOVE sun-dried tomatoes. what a pretty bowl of pasta!

but, seriously, oh no! about puking this morning! was it before or after your morning run? hopefully you were still able to get your fitness routine in today :/

• Ashlae April 20, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Thankfully, last night’s dinner was a huge ass salad – so it wasn’t a huge pain when it came up three separate times this morning. Ha! And no, I was waking up to start my workout.. then ran to the bathroom instead of outside. Boo for catching the flu!

PS – I’m happy you’re as concerned about my fitness routine as I am :) Some people just don’t get it.

• Caitlin April 21, 2012 at 11:00 am

boo indeed ;( and i get it- working out is a priority. if i miss a workout my whole day/week is messed up. if you’re like me, after you threw up you thought to yourself, “now, am i really sick enough to NOT go for a run..?” and then start to get ready to leave..and then throw up again and get back into bed.

• Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes April 20, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I love everything in this bowl – carbs and I know each other very well. The arugula is such an awesome layer with the Basil – please feed me this now

• Andrea April 20, 2012 at 6:43 pm

I love healthy food, too, and never tire of beautiful photos of delicious combinations. Love the shredded red cabbage on top. Hope this wasn’t the dinner you lost. :(

• xvavaveganx April 20, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Wow, that is such a vibrant bowl of pasta! It looks absolutely beautiful and delicious! I’m sorry you are sick, I hope you get well soon!

• Julia @The Roasted Root April 20, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Hey there! I just found you off TasteSpotting…so glad I came across your post! Your recipe looks great – I’m a huge fan of sun dried tomatoes and cabbage…I bet the whole thing comes together very well…Looking forward to seeing more of your posts! Have a great weekend!

• Richa April 21, 2012 at 1:42 am

hope you feel better soon. that pasta looks gorgeous!

• Scissors and Spice April 21, 2012 at 2:00 am

I love that type of pasta! This is right up my alley. I love peas, EB, pasta and Smartlife’s veggie bacon together. Yum!

• Isobelle April 21, 2012 at 5:12 am

Is it bad that I haven’t eaten pasta in almost two years? This looks pretty rockin, too. I hope you feel just as rockin very soon!

• Dora Panariti April 21, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I just found your blog, via a comment in Free People Blog. I loved it immediately, and your recipies seem so easy to do at home!!!

PS: Impeccable photography!!! Yay!!!

• Kat April 22, 2012 at 6:18 pm

I hope you feel better! I love the combination of colors in the pasta dish. Red cabbage is actually one of my favorites, so this is definitely going into my to make category!

• Hodgepodge Arty April 27, 2012 at 1:54 am

This looks beautiful…and absolutely delish. It’s going on my to-cook list! Thank you.

• Emily May 6, 2012 at 10:32 pm

This looks amazing! Must make it soon!

• David Bez May 7, 2012 at 8:52 am