How to make two ingredient chocolate mousse

Two ingredient chocolate mousse

I eat a lot of chocolate. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I went a day without chocolate, which is probably something I need to address because eating a pack of Justin’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups (or half a Chocolove almond and sea salt dark chocolate bar) every single day is a bit on the excessive side. Not to mention, expensive. But no thanks to this recipe, my diehard chocolate habit won’t be changing anytime soon. And despite the fact that Thom doesn’t really care for chocolate (MORE FOR US!) or spoonable desserts that aren’t frozen, he’s ditched his late night bowl of Ben & Jerry’s for this two ingredient chocolate mousse because it’s just that good.

But before you ditch your late night ice cream habit, too, there are a few things we need to sort out before you get started. The first is that this recipe requires the use of a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler (or an insert), simply place a large bowl over your pot of boiling water to serve as the insert. If you live near an IKEA, I highly recommend this double boiler insert as it’s become one of the most useful items in my kitchen (if you don’t live near an IKEA, there’s a similar melting pot on Amazon). If you couldn’t give two shits about a fancy double boiler insert, just go the large bowl route. Or zap the chocolate in a microwave. Just figure out a way to melt the chocolate without burning it, ok?

Once the chocolate is melted you’re going to need to mix it with the almondmilk. Using a hand mixer is the preferred method but isn’t absolutely necessary. If you don’t have a hand mixer, you’ll have to use a whisk to beat the crap out of the mixture for a good 5-7 minutes. But look on the bright side – your dominate whisking arm is going to get a killer workout. I also recommend letting the chocolate cool for a few minutes (after you remove it from the stove) and decreasing the almondmilk to 2/3 cup so you’re not mixing nearly as long.

Lastly, the quality of your chocolate will play a huge role in the outcome of your mousse; good quality chocolate = good quality mousse. If you want something sweet and just barely rich, go for 55-65% cocoa solids. For something with a balance of sweet and rich, go for 65-75% cocoa solids, and for something intensely rich (my favorite), 75%+ will be ace (this was far too bitter for Thom, who doesn’t care for chocolate all that much). Anything over 80% will compromise the sweetness so you’ll want to use Califia’s vanilla almondmilk to balance that out.

ChocoloveMelted chocoloveCalifia Farms toasted coconut almondmilsTwo ingredient chocolate mousseToasted coconutTwo ingredient chocolate mousseShaved chocolateTwo ingredient chocolate mousseTwo ingredient chocolate mousseTwo ingredient chocolate mousseTwo ingredient chocolate mousseTwo ingredient chocolate mousse

In the event you’re not a fan of toasted coconut chocolate mousse (you craaaaaaazy), I’ve got you covered – from boozy and caffeinated varieties to chocolate hazelnut and creamy peanut butter.

Double espresso chocolate mousse – Use at least 75% dark chocolate. Replace the almondmilk with Califia’s double espresso iced coffee. Dust with equal parts espresso powder and cocoa powder.
Early grey chocolate mousse – Infuse almondmilk with a bag of earl grey tea (or your favorite tea). Top with a dash of cinnamon and a handful of cacao nibs.
Boozy chocolate mousse – Replace up to 2 tablespoons of the almondmilk with your favorite liquor (whiskey and hazelnut liqueur were my favorite) and top with coconut whipped cream and cocoa powder.
Peanut butter chocolate mousse – Stir 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter into the melted chocolate, just before adding the almondmilk. Top with peanut butter coconut whipped cream and a drizzle of melted peanut butter.
Maple chocolate mousse – Use at least 75% dark chocolate. Replace 2 tablespoons of almondmilk with 2 tablespoons of grade B maple syrup. If you have maple extract on hand, throw in 1/2 teaspoon of that. Top with shaved chocolate.
Chocolate hazelnut mousse – Stir 2 tablespoons of creamy chocolate hazelnut spread into the melted chocolate, just before adding the almondmilk. Replace 1 tablespoon of almondmilk with 1 tablespoon of hazelnut liqueur. Top with coconut whipped cream, roasted hazelnuts, and shaved chocolate.
Irish cream chocolate mousse – Use at least 75% dark chocolate. Replace the almondmilk with Califia’s café latte iced coffee and substitute up to 2 tablespoons of whiskey for the iced coffee. Top with a dollop of coconut whipped cream and espresso powder.

Notes: If you’re not into flavored chocolate mousse, feel free to replace the toasted coconut almondmilk with Califia’s unsweetened almondmilk. If you want a mousse that’s a bit thicker (this one is seriously light but other variations use considerably less liquid), decrease the almondmilk to 1/2 or 2/3 cup. If you’re in the mood for chocolate mousse pie, double the mousse recipe and pair it with this pie crust and top with coconut whipped cream. And shaved chocolate, just because. But if you can wait a few weeks, there will be a delicious chocolate mousse pie coming your way toward the beginning of April.

This post is sponsored by Califia Farms. All opinions are my own, and I think Califia rules.

6 oz good quality dark chocolate, 65% dark
3/4 cup Califia Farms toasted coconut almondmilk

Coconut whipped cream
Toasted coconut flakes
Shaved chocolate

Halfway fill a large mixing bowl with ice cubes; set aside. Place four small jars (or 6 if you’d prefer smaller portions) near your work area. Fill a medium size pot with an inch or two of water; place a double boiler insert, or a large bowl, over the pot. Add the chocolate and melt completely. Once it’s melted, remove from heat and set the double boiler insert over the prepared bowl of ice cubes. Add the milk and stir with a spatula until mostly combined (make sure to scrape the bottom and edges of the insert while you’re mixing). Using a hand mixer on medium-low speed, beat the mixture for 3-5 minutes. During this time it’s going to be super bubbly, then fine lines will start to appear. Once the bubbles have diminished and all you can see are lines, mix for an additional 10 seconds then work quickly to pour the mousse into the jars. Tap each jar on the counter to remove any trapped air bubbles, top with lid, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until set. Mousse will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

If you happen to overmix the the mousse and it cannot be poured into the jars, return the double boiler insert to the pot of water, melt the mixture completely, then set insert over the bowl of ice cubes and start the mixing process again.

When you’re ready to serve, top with coconut whipped cream, toasted coconut flakes, and chocolate shavings.

Yield: 4 servings

• Reply Anna March 7, 2014 at 7:30 AM

YOU RULE. We don’t have Califia here, but I’ll try to make this with what I have on hand.

Btw, thanks for the IKEA double boiler tip! I must have walked through there blindly for so many years.

• Reply Peter March 18, 2015 at 6:42 AM

Looks amazing! gonna try now

• Reply Katie @ Veggie and the Beast March 7, 2014 at 8:27 AM

That peanut butter variety is calling my name! I REALLY love that wood board you shot this post on. Photos are beautiful as always.

• Reply Alexa March 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM

This looks delicious! I don’t have any almond milk on hand, but do you think I could make this with canned coconut milk? I have both full fat and lite.

• Reply Ashlae March 7, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Hi Alexa –

Absolutely! Both will work. The lite coconut milk will produce a softer mousse, while the full fat will yield something a bit heavier. Enjoy!

• Reply Sini | my blue&white kitchen March 7, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Oh my…this post is crazy good. I’m sure the mousse does not only sound and look delicious but really is to die for. I need to get my head around the fact that this is made of just two ingredients. Okay, I’m officially lost for words. I’m done.

Happy Friday! xo, Sini

• Reply Meg Sylvia March 7, 2014 at 9:29 AM

These couldn’t get any more adorable and my goodness, anything with coconut and I’m in. HAVE to try this!

• Reply erin March 7, 2014 at 10:45 AM

love those jars- – -can you share where they are from? thank you

• Reply Ashlae March 7, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Hi Karen –

They’re Weck jars and are available at :)

• Reply Julie March 16, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Love those Weck canning jars! I make fresh asian pickles and I love to use these jars. They have 2 unique clips that hold the top in place,and a rubber gasket–cost-about 5 dollars each.

• Reply Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health March 7, 2014 at 10:58 AM

this looks very good and love different versions.

• Reply dana March 7, 2014 at 11:48 AM

you are adorable. these photos make me happy. I need to try that almond milk. k, that’s all. bye.

• Reply Friday Inspiration | March 7, 2014 at 12:20 PM

[…] This simple 2-ingredient, very decadent dessert is absolute perfection. […]

• Reply Rochelle @ Oh So Sweet Baker March 7, 2014 at 12:38 PM

That mousse sounds absolutely delicious. I have to try this!

• Reply Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar March 7, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Two ingredients?! I absolutely love this!

• Reply The Vegan Cookie Fairy March 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Earl Grey chocolate mousse sounds amaaaaaazing!!!

• Reply The Vegan Cookie Fairy March 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Btw, would this work with any other kind of almond milk? I don’t think I can get Califia almond milk in the UK.

• Reply Ashlae March 7, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Hi lady –

Absolutely, let me know how it turns out. :)

• Reply sarah@thesweetlife March 7, 2014 at 1:19 PM

I just heard about this toasted coconut milk… I need to give it a try…especially for this recipe. I am a little addicted to Justin’s PB cups as well and damn, that can get expensive after awhile.

• Reply Tereza March 7, 2014 at 1:23 PM

This is exactly the recipe I’ve been searching for! Love it!

• Reply mimi March 7, 2014 at 2:01 PM

wow!!! toasted coconut almond milk??? I doubt i can find it locally, but I’d sure like to. This is one beautiful mousse!!!

• Reply Gemma March 7, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Oh my!!! The pictures say it all! What a delicious, decadent and super-duper tasty chocolate mousse! I’ll go for the intense (75%) option, I’m a dark-chocolate junkie so I relate to your words. Can’t live without my daily dose of chocolate.

Happy weekend!

• Reply Stefanie March 7, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Yes! This is so appropriate for me right now- I cannot get enough chocolate lately and the Justin’s PB cups really are an expensive habit! THANK YOU.

• Reply Katie @ Produce on Parade March 7, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Omg this looks incredible, and your photos are gorgeous…as always. I’m the type of “couldn’t give two shits” (funny I say that too) about a double broiler. I just use a glass pyrex and it works beautifully :) Though I do have an electric steamer…go figure…

• Reply Chrissy March 7, 2014 at 7:50 PM

You may have just changed my life. Thanks!

• Reply cheri March 7, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Peanut butter!

• Reply Stephanie March 7, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Oh my goodness, YES to all 2 ingredients of this stuff (not counting the equally delicious toppings of course)! Sitting here on my computer, no idea how that is even possible really, after re-designing my blog with my eyeballs basically hanging on my lap…yet still manage to ogle this gorgeous chocolate mousse! Totally didn’t mean for that come across as gross creepy but I hope you get what I mean. :) I’ll have to really check out on that double boiler situation. I’ve used bowls in the past but sometimes they move around a bit on the pot and it’s a pain to hold onto it because it’s hot. The microwave option is convenient but can also be cumbersome since mine is below the counter and I have to keep bending over to grab the thing a million times to stir and put back in. Oh the things we do for chocolate!

• Reply Currently Crushing On. | How Sweet It Is March 8, 2014 at 5:35 AM

[…] two ingredient chocolate mousse. and it’s […]

• Reply Renate March 8, 2014 at 8:03 AM

This looks amazing…perfect for a rainy Saturday afternoon..

• Reply Barbara March 8, 2014 at 4:50 PM

oh man I love this recipe but I found a way around the double boiler part. I just warmed up the milk in a saucepan, tossed the chocolate in the food processor to be chopped up and then added the warm milk (I used coconut milk because I didn’t have any almond on hand) to the food processor and whirled it around till all the chocolate melted and poured the resulting silky chocolate into little cups to chill . Now I’m going to try some variations!

• Reply Ashlae March 8, 2014 at 4:52 PM

YOU GO, BARBARA! :)

• Reply Bow March 8, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Great tip about the double-boiler. I ruined two of my Revere Wear pots because I was too lazy to get my double boiler insert. Instead I put one regular pot into the other. Guess what happened? The two got stuck together permanently. There is no fix except buying new pots it is very annoying.

A chocolate bar I love is one that comes from Cafe Pasqual in Santa Fe. It is called the Collabaration Bar and is fabulous. I can’t have cow milk, but I can do goat milk and it has goat milk in it and other goodies!

• Reply lynn @ the actor’s diet March 9, 2014 at 2:07 PM

I love Califia Farms’ almond milk – had no clue they made coconut now. YES.

• Reply Jay March 9, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Those Chocolove bars…Same boat. Same variety. I always think, “one square.” Such a fool.

But this…this could be a new problem.

• Reply cynthia | two red bowls March 9, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Ashlae, I just tried this last night and it was SO. GOOD. Actually, I put it in the fridge to chill overnight, and this morning I tried it and it was so good that I finished an entire mousse before I knew what was happening. At 9 AM. Chocolate mousse for breakfast … hey, it happened and I’m okay with it. Thanks so much for sharing this! And beautiful photos :)

• Reply Lisa @ Simple Pairings March 10, 2014 at 5:38 AM

This is awesome! I love the simplicity here – definitely want to try this! Pinned right this second :)

• Reply Melissa @ Treats With a Twist March 10, 2014 at 12:40 PM

These pictures are GORGEOUS! And Califia is my favorite. And toasted coconut is my favorite flavor of anything and everything. And you’re my favorite :)

• Reply Jenny @ BAKE March 10, 2014 at 1:26 PM

I can’t believe this is only 2 ingredients!

• Reply kelly March 10, 2014 at 1:46 PM

yum, this looks so easy and tasty. beautiful photos. thanks!

• Reply Flo March 10, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Good recipe of chocolate mousse!

• Reply Kathryn March 11, 2014 at 3:32 AM

I think I’m going to have to try every single variation. Just in the name of science obviously.

• Reply Skye March 11, 2014 at 5:21 AM

Stunning. Such truly beautiful photos. And a delightfully simple recipe – with so many delicious sounding variations.
    PS I love those little pots – may I ask where you got them from?

• Reply Shelly @ Vegetarian 'Ventures March 12, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Oh my – that Irish Cream version. Need. It. Now. I have a chocolate addiction as well (all the chocolate was on sale for V-day last month and I may have stashed 10 bars in my freezer which are now almost gone). This sounds like the perfect light dessert to mix up my constant need to pop a piece of chocolate in my mouth.

• Reply Christine March 13, 2014 at 2:12 PM

I whisked together some melted chocolate and toasted coconut milk for seven minutes with my right arm, took a break, and then whisked some chilled coconut milk for four minutes with my left arm — for balance, you know. The workout was tiring, the product satisfying. After I try all of the variations, I’ll have wicked guns as well as a happy belly. Thanks for the recipes!

• Reply GROCERY LIST 35 | Wit & Vinegar March 14, 2014 at 12:22 AM

[…] pretty sure Ashlae is a witch for this two ingredient chocolate mousse that’s just casually vegan. (via Oh, Lady […]

• Reply The Vanilla Bean Blog | photographs + links March 15, 2014 at 8:39 PM

[…] totally making Ashlae’s two ingredient chocolate mousse this […]

• Reply Leana Henke March 16, 2014 at 4:20 AM

Uh – maze Balllzzzzzzz

• Reply jackie S March 16, 2014 at 12:20 PM

This is amazing! I have to try this. I LOVE LOVE… Chocolate pudding with nuts and wafers. It’s delicious and this looks like it.

I would go to TAO Restaurant in NYC (58th & Madison) every Saturday for the lunch special. The chocolate Zen Parfait (included for free) is to die for.

• Reply Michelle March 17, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Can you use soy milk as a substitute for almond milk?

• Reply Ashlae March 17, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Hi Michelle –

Sure! Enjoy :)

• Reply Lauren March 20, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Lovely recipe. I had been saving some Valrhona and this was the perfect recipe for it.Delicious treat this was. Thank you!

• Reply Anna March 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM

These look absolutely amazing and your photography is simply stunning! Thank you for sharing!!

• Reply The Queen of Dreaming March 24, 2014 at 12:37 PM

I’m dying only watching your photos, I can only imagine what would happen when I’ll eat that!

• Reply Kathryne March 24, 2014 at 6:54 PM

I could probably give your love for chocolate a run for your money. I baked about six batches of brownies over the past month, and in the process, realized just how allergic I am to chocolate (allergic? intolerant? not sure, but it won’t stop me). Totally ate one of those brownies today and I would gladly take a spoon to some chocolate mousse. Love your suggested variations, too. Last but not least, you just reminded me that I picked up some of that coconut almondmilk at Whole Foods, so I’m going to go pour myself a glass.

• Reply trisha March 25, 2014 at 4:48 PM

i totally hear you. i feel good if i only eat one chocolate bar a day… maybe too much? i have no idea. these look absolutely amazing! x

• Reply Friday Favorites! | Cheeky Baker March 28, 2014 at 10:23 AM

[…] Two ingredient chocolate mousse? Dairy-free & delicious? Sign me […]

• Reply Nikolina April 6, 2014 at 5:55 AM

In bulgaria we have only nut milk of isola bio,can you tell me if it woks?

• Reply Ashlae April 6, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Hi Nokolina –

That should work just fine. Enjoy!

• Reply It's Not Quite Friday Yet | Sun Diego EatsSun Diego Eats April 17, 2014 at 11:32 AM

[…] with Oh Lady Cakes, I pinned the recipe for Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse. Hint: The other ingredient is almond […]

• Reply Basic Chocolate Mousse April 27, 2014 at 9:00 AM

[…] saw this amazing looking Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse, and wanted to give it a try but couldn’t find coconut almond milk here. If you have it in […]

[…] MORE INFORMATION & PHOTOGRAPHY | OhLadycakes   Follow Stylejuicer with […]

• Reply Coconut Chocolate Mousse + other things of importance | Much Love, Audrey May 27, 2014 at 9:00 PM

[…] Recipe From: Oh, Ladycakes […]

• Reply Links + Things | Lisa in Flux July 15, 2014 at 6:13 AM

[…] Oh, Ladycakes vegan chocolate mousse = uncomplicated […]

• Reply Dana July 20, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Hello! Will coconut milk or just plain almond milk work as a substitute for the coconut-almond milk? Thanks!

• Reply Ashlae July 20, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Hi Dana –

Either would work, but I recommend Califia’s plain almondmilk (there are some variations in the post above).

• Reply Kristen July 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Thanks for posting this, it looks like the recipe I’ve been looking for. Just wondered, in the unlikely situation that this remained uneaten in the fridge, how long would it keep for? I’m planning on doing some cooking/baking for some visitors and wondered how far in advance I can make it.

• Reply Shane July 28, 2014 at 1:49 PM

I know it’s been a few months, bit I just wanted to thank you for posting this. Took me a little to get the consistency right from mixing, but it worked out. Also using chili chocolate (I used Lindt dark chocolate) is amazing.

• Reply Three-Ingredient Peanut Butter Mousse | eHow Food Blog: Healthy Recipes, Cooking Tips & Drinks August 13, 2014 at 8:00 AM

[…] — I have plans for this mousse. Plans that involve layering it with my favorite recipe for two-ingredient dark chocolate mousse, and other plans to make the ultimate peanut butter pie with a crumbly graham cracker crust. I also […]

• Reply Lulu & Georgia August 22, 2014 at 6:25 AM

[…] How adorable is this nursery from Hanging with the Hewitts? Um, easy weekend dessert? Yes please! Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse! We spy an L&G favorite winning the hearts of the A Beautiful Mess girls! We are loving the […]

• Reply Daily Moments – Week 34 | About A Boy August 31, 2014 at 9:34 PM

[…] It is so good. Here’s the recipe. […]

• Reply Monday Madness September 24, 2014 at 10:29 PM

[…] Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse? Sign me […]

• Reply Franziska October 1, 2014 at 3:12 PM

I have just stumbled upon this recipe and absolutely love the idea of two ingredient chocolate mousse!

• Reply 51 Easy and Healthy 3-Ingredient Meals November 18, 2014 at 6:49 AM

[…] 51. Chocolate Mousse […]

• Reply Thanksgiving for Special Diets | Paleo Thanksgiving November 20, 2014 at 4:49 PM

[…] Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes from My Whole Food Life Paleo Sweet Potato Meringue Pie from Cupcakes OMG Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse from Oh, Ladycakes Raw Caramel Apple Pies from Oh, Ladycakes Paleo Mini Pecan Pies from Eating […]

• Reply Thanksgiving for Special Diets | Vegetarian Thanksgiving November 24, 2014 at 11:56 AM

[…] Pumpkin Spice Mousse from The Primalist Pumpkin Pie from Minimalist Baker Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse from Oh, Ladycakes Chocolate Hazelnut Tartlets from Oh, Ladycakes Raw Caramel Apple Pies from Oh, […]

• Reply Milena November 30, 2014 at 6:10 AM

I’m living in Germany and it’s not possible to get Califia Farms toasted coconut almond milk. Would you recommend to use normal milk instead or just simple almond milk? xxx

• Reply Ashlae December 1, 2014 at 4:21 AM

Hi Milena –

I would use almond milk! <3

• Reply Senoramoore December 14, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Found Califia Holiday Nog yesterday at Wal-Mart (!) in Granbury, Tx! Vegan and only 50 calories per serving, at least three times lower than standard egg nog. It is fabulous. I will try it in this recipe. Bet it will be great.

• Reply Janie December 16, 2014 at 3:46 PM

This looks divine! What is the chocolate pictured?

• Reply Ashlae December 16, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Hi Janie –

It’s Chocolove brand!

• Reply Ursula April 27, 2015 at 11:04 AM

Amazing! Do you think I could make this with Rice Milk? My boys are allergic to coconut and tree nuts.. so no almond milk for us!

• Reply Ashlae April 27, 2015 at 11:19 AM

Hi Ursula –

Absolutely! Enjoy.

• Reply Bernice June 5, 2015 at 6:28 AM

Hi Ashlae,
    I made this a few days ago and it tasted great! loved the bitterness of the chocolate. However, it set up quite hard inthe fridge- almost like a layer of ganache that hadbeen refrigerated, pretty much solidand def didnt have the bubbliness you can see in your photo. I also found wheni was combining the ingredients together, I basically didn’t get any bubbles at all- just the fine lines almost immediately! Do you know why thismay have happened and how i can prevent this to get a softer mousse? thanks x

• Reply Ashlae June 5, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Hi Bernice –

I suspect it’s the quality of your chocolate. You want something that’s soft and easy to chop through at room temperature – not something that’s hard or that crumbles into tiny pieces when chopped. Hope that helps!

• Reply anita June 14, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Hi Ashlae,

I am from Chile and we don’t have Califa Almond milk here. We only get a really bad tasting almond milk that I don’t like to buy because it is full of preservatives.
    Will this recipe work well with home made almond milk? I am quite keen on that and I make it every week.
    Let me know!
    All the best.. :)

• Reply kate July 8, 2015 at 11:42 AM

I tried making this with 100% cocoa and almond milk…. and for some reason it ended up rock hard after being put in the fridge. After microwaving it for 25 seconds it was softer and a mousse-y texture… Im trying to figure out what went wrong and how to not let that happen again haha. Maybe its the lack of sugar in the chocolate? or maybe because I used cold almond milk? If anyone has an answer to this please let me know!

• Reply Ashlae July 8, 2015 at 1:11 PM

Hi Kate –

The 100% cocoa bar is definitely the issue. I don’t recommend anything over 85%.

• Reply Genna August 2, 2015 at 11:10 PM

Hi Ashlae,

I just made this for some vegan dinner guests and everyone LOVED IT! So delicious and a perfect end to our lovely dinner party.

Thank you for this simple and beautiful recipe.

• Reply Quick and Easy Vegan S’Mores Ice Box Cake. | The Jolly Fox August 16, 2015 at 4:54 PM

[…] this easy recipe, you’ll need to head on over to Oh, Ladycakes to make her amazing 2-ingredient chocolate mousse. Double her recipe for a full ice box cake. I used plain, unsweetened non-dairy milk. I also use a […]

• Reply Srinnithi September 23, 2015 at 10:46 AM

I wanted to make a yummy dessert with whatever is in my house for my brother. I have a mixer and mini-oven to bake cupcakes but i am lacking iddeas that i can use to make cupcakes.

• Reply erin November 5, 2015 at 9:39 PM

I don’t typically use non-dairy milk but wanted to give this mousse a try. I’ve never made mousse before. Wondering if this would thicken the same way with regular milk or half and half or heavy cream? I’m not a big almond milk fan. Any suggestions? Thanks

• Reply erin November 10, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Would the mousse work with a 53% cocoa dark chocolate?

• Reply Katherine November 25, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Ok, I forgot to blend it and poured it directly into a pie crust. Can I serve this at Thanksgiving or do I need to make it over? Should I rename it “chocolate truffle pie”?

• Reply Ashlae November 25, 2015 at 7:05 PM

Hi Katherine –

Of course not! It’ll be a rich and luscious chocolate ganache pie. :) Enjoy!